Clubhouse Cashier/Sales Associate position is responsible for collecting appropriate fees, verifying residency and assisting in merchandise sales.
Typical work schedule is 6-8 hours/ 3 shifts per week.
Hours of operation 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM weather permitting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor safety of golf patrons.
- Collect appropriate fees.
- Verify City of Streator residency.
- Assist in general maintenance and cleanliness of clubhouse.
- Assist in presentation and sale of merchandise.
- Inform customers about daily information.
- Maintain proper phone protocol.
- Assist other staff with special duties assigned by management staff.
- Demonstrate and practice excellent customer service standards.
- Follow city and departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures and ordinances.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor pace of play.
- Perform responsibilities of cart attendant.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (i.e., professional ability to attend to customer needs).
- Good computer skills in common software programs.
- Knowledge of the operations of golf course and facilities.
- Excellent cash handling skills.
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule during high volume work periods.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Occasional exposure to pesticides and exhaust fumes.
- Ability to lift light to medium weight (20-50 lbs.) objects
To apply for this position, please click on this link to City of Streator Employment Application Form and download the form. The Employment Form is also available for pick up from City Hall located at 204 S. Bloomington St., Streator, Illinois 61364. Please complete the form and return it to City Hall.