The Community Development Department shall be directly responsible for the administration, management, coordination and enforcement of the City's codes and ordinances relating to planning, zoning and building, including but not limited to, official City Inspectors, professional planners or planning consultants and other employees necessary to achieve the department's mission. The department shall be divided into divisions, including building and zoning and planning and development.
- Work on the update of the City’s Comprehensive Plan and development of a Downtown Strategic Plan has been completed with the adoption of the plans by the City Council on April 16, 2014.
- The adoption of the plans will now lead to the establishment of the STreator Action and Revitalization Team (START) team which will be tasked with implementing the Downtown Strategic Plan. This team and the sub-committees called for in the plan are expected to be in place by summer 2014.
- A Tax Increment Financing (TIF) district facade improvement grant program is currently under development as called for by the newly adopted Downtown Strategic Plan. The grant program will be developed and adopted by the City Council through spring and summer 2014 with initial grant applications to be sought in summer 2014.
- A Downtown Entrepreneurial Space Development program is scheduled to be developed in the summer and fall of 2014 as called for by the newly adopted Downtown Strategic Plan. The program will be developed with public input in summer 2014 for formal Council adoption in fall or winter 2014.
If you have any suggestions for consideration, questions, or comments please contact the City Engineer, Jeremy Palm at 815-672-2517 ext. 236 or at email@example.com.
2013 Greenway Master Plan (PDF)
Streator 2013 Downtown Redevelopment Plan and
Comprehensive Plan Update
Summary Report 2011 Strategic Planning Workshop (PDF)
5 Year Road Plan (PDF)
Extended Sewer Improvement Plan (PDF)
Inspector Contact Info
• Building Inspector - Jeff Weiss, 815-672-2517
• Plumbing Inspector - Everett Wilkinson, 815-672-2517
• Electrical Inspector - Mike Ferko, 815-672-2517
Plan Commission Members
• Dick Pierce
• Doug Patterson
• Dean Chalkey
• Jeff Hatzer
• Harry Godfrey
• Robert Gubbles
• Jack Spencer
• Ron Conner
• Andrew Harcar
• Larry Libby
Meeting Schedules / Minutes
Helpful Links and Information
» Map Page / GIS Page
» Document Download Page
» Municipal Code
» IDOT 10 Year Plan Page